Sunday, April 4, 2010

Momentum Exhibition

A couple of weeks ago, I was invited to submit work into a show that was being coordinated by CODA, an arts organization from Rhodes College. It was unexpected and definitely an eleventh hour call. The invitation came two days prior to the opening, and I was at a lack of stuff that was ready for exhibition. It was suggested that I perform a live drawing during the show, which was fine but that meant coming up with a idea and making it fit in an undefined space.

Yeah...

I quickly made some sketches out, confirmed how much wall space I had, and prepared for two intense hours of speed drawing. Here are the photos.












If you were interested in seeing this process in motion, my friend Elisha recorded this nifty video of the drawing as it progressed throughout the evening.


More gallery updates to come :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

derrick jst saw this video and wantrd 2 say dat that is 1 awsome bike thinggy.You are the best drawer i hav evr seen i mean,OMG man that was so cool and im so happy that u have this gift in life.
From lil sis.
so proud of uuuuu!!!