Thursday, February 25, 2010

AutoZone and ArtsMemphis...


...are two entities that have interesting capitalization. They are also center stage in this fun little drawing I made this morning. I feel like I have to emphasize MORNING because I woke up at 6:30, which is something I haven't done since I worked for a moving company. By the time I got to the AutoZone HQ downtown, the chill of February had worked its magic better than any expresso shot could have. When I checked in, I was listed as a "performer" working with ArtsMemphis which, after good half-hour, felt like a bit of a misnomer. Granted, I was technically performing, furiously doodling away at my easel- however, context makes a big difference. In the sleek downtown entrance lobby, I exuded the kind of electricity that one enjoys from watching a badminton match on ESPN5. That said, it was still fun to draw and I thank ArtsMemphis for the gig and AutoZone for letting me slap ink around in their front door.

No comments: