Sunday, July 31, 2011

Daily Gouache 7/20-7/29


I started to geek out on dinosaur skulls for a bit. My humble career as an artist started in the second grade, where many thunder lizard drawings were made in the margins of my workbooks.








The bottom image is another music-inspired piece, the strange love child of a Florence and the Machine song and a few other songs that were on my iPod shuffle playlist. These drawings are a lot of fun and usually involve a lot of of experimentation with media and process.

5 comments:

James Clayton said...

Absolutely amazing stuff, Derrick. Personally, I love the dinosaur sketches.

Thanks for sharing such beautiful stuff. :)

Derrick Dent said...

Thanks James! Good to hear from you- I hope your writing is going well.

Vincent Nappi said...

your gouaches keep kicking butt, Derrick. thanks for sharing them!

Derrick Dent said...

Thanks Vincent. I've been checking out your ink work, and you've been stepping up your wash and line game, my friend :)

alex fine illustration said...

I love the hard edge of the ink and soft rendering in the face. Your hard hard is really paying off big time!