Tuesday, February 3, 2009

According to the last post...


...I was supposed to have finished a painting inspired by a drunken whim. Lessons learned:(1) Alcohol should never enter the equation when doing anything that's supposed to have a resolution. (2) The ability to draw, paint, drive, stand or do basically anything else is dulled by booze. So, (3) when intoxicated in any way, shape, or form, just hole yourself away until you become socially acceptable and STAY AWAY FROM YOUR BLOG. All that said, that night wasn't completely unproductive. I did manage to do a decent underpainting which will be finished and posted soon. Since I feel bad about not having a completed painting to show, here's a drawing that I finished yesterday. "Finished" is a tenative term,  but I'll use it since the piece saw a day's worth of nearly uninterrupted labor.

No comments: