Monday, June 23, 2008

My Summer Thus Far!

So, after what seemed like a grueling year at MCA, I figured that my three-or-so month recess would go by sluggishly and I would be at a lack of things to do. BUT NO!!! I have managed to maintain a heavy workload that includes illustration for a children's book, random caricature gigs, a position helping teach kids how to make comics, work that I have to put together for a group show, and Rozelle Artists Guild business. Not to mention that I hold down a part-time job at the local art supply store on the weekends. Whew...somewhere down the line I have to work on my own personal comic projects before I run out of gusto.

Huffing and puffing (and whining!) aside, I have some images from the aforementioned children's book project: character designs that didn't quite make the final cut. I thought they were kinda nice, so why not share them?











Here's one the pieces that I'm planning on placing in a group show later this fall.



The theme is "fictitious" creatures, so that gives me the excuse needed to draw a series of Japanese demons, which is something that been I've wanting to do for a very long time. Seriously, the excitement level is pretty disturbing... but anyway, I'll be posting more drawings as they come along.

No comments: